The Pharmacist Demand Indicator (PDI) reports perceptions of the demand for pharmacists among a panel of individuals that participate in the hiring of
pharmacists on a direct and regular basis.
National Pharmacist Demand
- The unweighted value is the simple average of each state average rating for panelists reporting.
- The population-adjusted (weighted) value is the aggregation of each state-level average rating from panelists weighted by the State population,
based on the 2011 Census.
- The response weighted value reflects the average when the number of responses across the states varied.
- Demand is much less than the pharmacist supply available
- Demand is less than the pharmacist supply available
- Demand in balance with supply
- Moderate demand; some difficulty filling open positions
- High demand; difficult to fill open positions
Data and information are provided for informational purposes only. Neither the Pharmacy Workforce Center nor any of its affiliates shall be liable
for any errors or delays in the content or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.